Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday in Venice

Bright, sunny, not-too-warm Venice redeemed itself today, after a miserably wet and soggy Saturday. I spent quality time in St. Mark's by attending two Masses. The guards were tolerant of picture-takers after the Masses, and I got some great impressions of the church in action. To really appreciate a church you have to experience it as a place of worship, not a museum. Will reflect on it more, but not tonight -- am tired and need a good night's sleep. Train to Ravenna tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. i hope you are having a good time!
    Scarlette gr.7 GS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i was there, it seems really cool, and very exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that I am moderating all comments before they are posted. Please type your comment below, and be sure to include your real name at the end of your comments. I want to encourage genuine dialogue and respectful sharing of diverse opinions. However, I will not allow unsigned comments, or those I deem to be offensive, to be posted. If you see a "Select Profile" box below, and it mystifies you, select "Anonymous" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.