Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good Shepherds in Milan Cathedral


Two of the Archbishops of Milan in the 20th century have been beatified, possibly on the road to canonization. Interestingly, each led the Milan Church during 0ne of the two World Wars: Cardinal Andrea Carlo Ferrari, WWI, and Cardinal Alfredo Ildefonso Schuster, WWII.

The newest and one of the most beautiful stained glass window in the Cathedral is dedicated to the two of them. There are two very striking images of Christ the Good Shepherd in the window, which was designed in 1988 by Giovanni Hajnal.

These images speak eloquently of the relationship of these two great churchmen to their people during time of great suffering and danger for their people.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fr. Tom!
    My name is Michelle and I am in the 7th grade and I attend Good Shepherd Catholic School. I hope you are having a wonderful time in Milan, Italy! Well keep us posted, and have fun!

    Michelle (7th grade)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fr tom!!!
    My name is Leslie And I am in 7th grade. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Father Tom!
    Please have a safe trip and god bless you :)
    -Artemis

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Father Tom!! My name is Artemis and I'm in 7th grade
    I hope your enjoying your trip to Milan Italy my friend once went there
    and she said it was just beautiful! Please have a safe trip and God bless you!!!

    <3 Artemis

    ReplyDelete

Please note that I am moderating all comments before they are posted. Please type your comment below, and be sure to include your real name at the end of your comments. I want to encourage genuine dialogue and respectful sharing of diverse opinions. However, I will not allow unsigned comments, or those I deem to be offensive, to be posted. If you see a "Select Profile" box below, and it mystifies you, select "Anonymous" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.