Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pastor of 90210

Just today the letter came.  

I've been assigned, effective July 1, as Pastor of Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills.  It's a good assignment, and one of those I applied for.  Of course, there's a much longer story, but that's for another time.  Watch for more information in my open letter to all parishioners that will be available at OLA at the Triduum (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday) services.  

Also, Fr. Charles Ramirez, pastor of Immaculate Conception Church in Monrovia, has been assigned as the new pastor of OLA, and Fr. John Tran will be remaining for at least another year.  Fr. Charles, of course, is no stranger to OLA, having served here when I first came as pastor back in the 1990s.

Now that the new pastors have been assigned -- I understand that the Clergy Personnel Board had to deal with a final total of 61 parishes needing new pastors or administrators (not an easy task!) -- they will now take up assignments of associate pastors.

I've already been nicknamed "Beverly Hills Pop" (after "Beverly Hills Cop," of course).  Yes, it's the church of old-time celebrities, but not too many are left.  You might enjoy visiting Gary Wayne's "Seeing-Stars" site.

2 comments:

  1. My family and I are parishioners at Good Shepherd, and we just wanted to be one of the first to welcome you. Congratulations on your new assignment, and we all look forward to getting to know you.

    Joel Martin-Cox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Joel and family. You're almost the first! I look forward to meeting you and getting to know all you wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that I am moderating all comments before they are posted. Please type your comment below, and be sure to include your real name at the end of your comments. I want to encourage genuine dialogue and respectful sharing of diverse opinions. However, I will not allow unsigned comments, or those I deem to be offensive, to be posted. If you see a "Select Profile" box below, and it mystifies you, select "Anonymous" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.