Monday, May 18, 2009

The Vatican, Obama and Notre Dame

Severe critics of President Obama and Notre Dame may (or may not) be interested in what the Vatican's officical newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, has to say about the President's Commencement address.  

I don't know if there will be an English translation, but here's the report from Catholic News Service.

Two weeks ago, L'Osservatore Romano also printed a fairly positive evaluation of the President's first 100 days.  Again, I'm not aware of a full English translation of the article (you can read it in Italian here), but Catholic News Service again carried a summary.  (You can, however, struggle though Google's automatic translation here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that I am moderating all comments before they are posted. Please type your comment below, and be sure to include your real name at the end of your comments. I want to encourage genuine dialogue and respectful sharing of diverse opinions. However, I will not allow unsigned comments, or those I deem to be offensive, to be posted. If you see a "Select Profile" box below, and it mystifies you, select "Anonymous" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.