Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pope on Young People and Internet

At today's regular Wednesday audience, Pope Benedict urged young people to make use of the potentiall of the internet to build a better world, according to a just-released AP report.  Too bad, he didn't include "old folks" like me.  But, at age 82, Pope Benedict's own use of technology is really an outstanding model.

YouTube has just posted video of the brief summary in English that the Pope usually gives at the end of his weekly audience.  



An English translation of the full text, which is always in Italian, is usually available in a few days.  I'll post a link when I find it.

UPDATE: Apparently there was no more about tis in the audience, but he was echoing his just-released Message for the 43rd World Communications Day, Sunday, May 24.  See the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that I am moderating all comments before they are posted. Please type your comment below, and be sure to include your real name at the end of your comments. I want to encourage genuine dialogue and respectful sharing of diverse opinions. However, I will not allow unsigned comments, or those I deem to be offensive, to be posted. If you see a "Select Profile" box below, and it mystifies you, select "Anonymous" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.