Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chaucer, Dolores, and I

Somebody just brought to my attention an interview with OLA parishioner Dolores Cullen that was published in the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin a couple of weeks ago.  You can find out a lot more about Geoffrrey Chaucer, Dolores and her research on her website, Celebrate Chaucer.  In the interview, she acknowdged me as one of he three influences in her work.  I'm grateful for the mention, and even more grateful to have been a part of this unique and wonderful enterprise.  There are many interwoven stories here, also involving William Shakespeare and such scholars as Clare Asquith, Peter Milward, SJ, and Nicole Coonradt.  At last the Mass at OLA last October 25, commemorating the 609th Anniversary of Chaucer's death, I had he great privilege of receiving Nicole into full communion with the Catholic Church.  (Read more in the OLA Bulletin for October 12 and October 19.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that I am moderating all comments before they are posted. Please type your comment below, and be sure to include your real name at the end of your comments. I want to encourage genuine dialogue and respectful sharing of diverse opinions. However, I will not allow unsigned comments, or those I deem to be offensive, to be posted. If you see a "Select Profile" box below, and it mystifies you, select "Anonymous" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.