Saturday, October 23, 2010

Initiation and Welcome

This afternoon I gave a talk at the Regional Religious Education Congress for Our Lady of the Angels Pastoral Region here in Los Angeles.  The title I chose was "The Quality of Our Welcome: A Fresh Look at RCIA."  Christian Initiation is all about welcoming people into our family of faith, and I believe it is important for us to take a close look at just what the rite tells us from the point of view of welcome. 

You can listen to the talk using the embedded player.



If that doesn't work, or if you'd like to download it for playing on an iPod or similar device, youcan access it at the following link.

http://www.archive.org/details/InitiationAndWelcome

You can also download my handout/notes by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that I am moderating all comments before they are posted. Please type your comment below, and be sure to include your real name at the end of your comments. I want to encourage genuine dialogue and respectful sharing of diverse opinions. However, I will not allow unsigned comments, or those I deem to be offensive, to be posted. If you see a "Select Profile" box below, and it mystifies you, select "Anonymous" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.